Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge



Good Morning! This morning's challenge is a color challenge. These are always fun, but since I don't have any SU paper, my first challenge is always trying to find the right papers to use :) I think my teal is a little darker than Baja Breeze this time, but I tried :)


This was a fun card to make and I love kraft paper. I used the kraft paper as my card base and embossed it with cuttlebug paisley embossing folder. Then I sponged some of my teal ink onto the embossing, you can't see it as well in the picture because it's subtle, but it's there. I used AmyR Stamps "Amy's Boutique" set and the "Boutique Sentiments" as my stamps. I paper pieced the dress with paper I got from the DCWV Fall Stack (I know so many of you don't use these, but I have to say last year's Christmas one and this year's fall one have been so much fun to use. ) There are still a few papers in there that I will probably never use, but not many :)
Back to the card, I pieced her belly band (hee hee) with my baja breeze color.
The red is Bazzill Basics and I cut it with my rectangle nesties and pierced holes in the scallops, I also cut the rectangle around the dress with my plain rectangle nesties and then embossed the frame around it. This piece got sponged with the teal color as well. I put all the pieces on the card, added the prima flower and the dew drops, tied the ribbon and it's finished :)


You can check out the gallery at All That Scraps to see more projects for this challenge.
Be sure to upload your creation for this challenge. Remember Christine and Amy are looking for a guest designer and will be basing it on projects uploaded to the gallery.


Our quote for the day: "There are two primary choices in life:
to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
- Denis Waitley


Thanks so much for dropping by - have a wonderful Wednesday!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Very cool card, Jeanette!

Renée said...

Love it Jeanette! Great layout!

Christina Fischer said...

This is so cute!! Love the dotted paper with those colors! I was disappointed I didn't get a chance to play this week!!

stampmonkey said...

Great job with the color challenge, and I like your addition of the orange to liven things up a bit. Nice card. ;)