Saturday, October 27, 2012

Distress Markers

Hi!   This sweet Lawn Fawn fox card was made a couple weeks ago, but I hadn't gotten to share it.  It's a very simple card, but I like that about it.
 I colored the little fox and his hot chocolate cup with distress markers on watercolor paper.  I really like using the markers this way.  After putting the color down, I took a water brush and blended the colors. His tail has white fun flock on it.     The papers are Basic Grey and I added a piece of fiber.  Easy as hot chocolate. :)

This second card was made for the Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge and Ways to Use It challenge which was all about embossing. I LOVE embossing, both heat and dry.  Anyway, back to the card.  I used old Scenic Route paper and a Stampendous stamp that I love!  The poppies were colored with distress markers on watercolor paper.  The watercolor paper is pretty thick and when I cut it this small it started curling on the edges.  This is what made me decide to stitch the corners.  The red panel is the one I dry embossed with a dot embossing folder.

Quote for the day:  "If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."  - Maya Angelou

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Cute images, Jeanette! I'll have to try that technique with my limited number of distress markers. Love the poppies.

Teresa said...

Hey your cards are great. I love your coloring. wish I was that good. Your headboard is so cool too. I need to join pintrest but just haven't yet.

Chris said...

Those poppies are stunning - so beautifully colored!