Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend Project

Hi - I don't have a card to share with you today, but I do have pictures of our weekend project.  I LOVE pinterest and I found a picture of a headboard that I loved so of course I pinned it.  :)

Ben needed a headboard so I decided to make it for his room.  I hope he doesn't wonder why we didn't make it before he left for college.  In our defense, we were at soccer, softball and volleyball tournaments every weekend.  :)  That's my story and I'm sticking to it! 

We have a fence that is falling apart, but the fence boards have so much character, so we used our fenceboards.  This first  picture is raw wood.

 This picture is after he first coat of varnish.  I used water based varnish in satin sheen.  I don't like oil based products and I don't like shinyness.  :)

 This picture is after the 2nd coat of varnish.  The directions say to use 3 coats and then let the  piece cure for 7 days.  We will see if I'm that patient.  I've already been into Ben's room quite a few times to try to visualize it!  Yes, I have sent Ben pictures of his new headboard.  :)


Our quote for the day:  "Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess, just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best."

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Wow, that's really cool, Jeanette! How fun is that - he'll have a piece of home with him. Great job with it, for sure.