Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Valentine's Collage

Hi!  Today's card is a new technique for me.  The clean and simple challenge on SplitCoastStampers yesterday was the collage technique.  I LOVE the way collage looks, but I have always been intimidated by it.  So, I jumped in with both feet!

This is also a one layer card, another thing that intimidates me :)  A white card base, festive berries Distress Ink for the masked circle, Simon Says Stamp music heart stamp in Crimson Red from Versafine and various stamps from TPC Studio.  I rounded the corners to finish.

This was fun!  I think I'll try it again.  Oh, if you're thinking I've lost my mind because I'm making Valentine's Day cards already, my mind was gone long ago.  But Operation Write Home's Midweek Throwdown is to make a Valentine's Day card.  The deadline for getting Valentine's cards to the shippers is December 31st.

Our quote for the day:  "There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day."  - Alexander Woolcott

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

11 comments:

Donna said...

Jeanette,
I love the dimension on your beautiful card! It is hard to believe it is just one layer. What a great card...really pretty!

Jen M said...

I think it turned out amazing! Great card!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh wow, I think your card turned out amazing too! Great job on the collage challenge and our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge making Valentine's on Halloween :) Love it!

Lee Mae said...

You did a fabulous card for the collage challenge. Simply beautiful!

Kristie said...

This is absolutely beautiful! The placement of all the stamps is perfect and the rounded corners add a nice softness to it. Great job!

Unknown said...

Just fabulous! I'm intimidated by single layer cards too! Your's have great dimension!

Lynette said...

I love the way your card turned out, Jeanette - awesome! Love your wonderful combination of stamps and colors. Great one-layer card - be intimidated no more:)

Amy A. said...

Just love your clean and simple card. I love how you used masking and combines so many different stamps to create this card. Great job!

Teresa said...

Just love how you layered all those stamps, you go girl.

Margaret said...

I love the simplicity of this card.

Renee said...

This is so pretty and so creative! I love it!