Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sketch Challenges

Hi - I have two cards today that are based on sketch challenges. 

The first one uses Freshly Made Sketches #58.  One of the additional challenges playing along with Freshly Made Sketches is that they ask that you keep your cards "clean lined and fresh".  I try not to ink edges when I play along with this one too.  It's a great challenge blog and you can find them here.

 My first card uses a SWEET stamp  from Stampendous called Little Angels.  :)  This card also goes along with the Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown, celebrate friendship.  I  used paper from my stash.  :)

My second card is based on the Operation Write Home sketch #143.  This is a really fun sketch.  At first I was intimidated by it, but as I went along I like it more and more.  I think I will be using this one again too.


Quote for the day:  "Be the person your dog thinks you are."  :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

12 comments:

Jen M said...

Super cute cards, Jeanette! Love your sketch card and those bright, fun colors!

Linda said...

Fun colors and paper! Love the twine! tfs!!!

Renee said...

Dardling friendship cards!

Cindy Hall said...

Really nice cards! I especially love how you used the sketch for the first one. Absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Karen Clark said...

When I first saw the sketch, I saw a snow globe - and that's what I see in your card - and yet I don't. It's great because the kids don't look trapped!! Love it!! Your second card is very bright and cheerful. Just the right note. You've gotten yourself a new follower!!

BobbisTreasure said...

Love your color combo on the last card - very retro - very fun!!

Linda Suarez said...

Great cards Jeanette! The little angels are adorable! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lynette said...

Two more great cards, Jeanette! I especially love the cute little image on the first one.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

These are fabulous! I love what you've done with sketch #143, I agree it's a little intimidating so thanks for the inspiration :)

Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Celebrate Friendship challenge!

Donna Hanley said...

Jeannette, These are tow beautiful cards.The image on your friend card is just so darn precious and you did such a lovely job showcasing it. The sketch card is just striking. I love the blue and orange together. Your little piece of twine is a great added touch.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous cards Jeanette. I love your little angels on your first card - I struggle sometimes on the "clean" too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Allisa said...

Cute set of cards. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!