Saturday, December 8, 2007

Just Stamping


Good morning! As I'm typing I'm watching out the window as little snowflakes are just slowly floating down to the ground. It's supposed to get alot heavier today, but I do love to watch it out the window! We already have about 4" on the ground, enough that we got the snowblower out. As a southern girl, I didn't even know how snowblowers worked when we moved up here :o) Now I'm glad I do!
For this card, I was challenging myself to use only stamps. I don't know about you but I'm kind of addicted to stamps. I see them at the store or on samples of things, or the way other people have used them on their cards on their blogs and I just HAVE to have them. Sometimes they get lonely because I don't immediately use them. Well, I'm trying to fix that loneliness problem. I've been trying to pull out stamps that either I've never used or that I haven't used for a long time. So, this challenge was going to help me with this and it did. Mission accomplished. I'm thinking about making a day that's just about that, making cards or whatever, with only stamps, no patterned paper, no embellishments (well, I did use gems on this one and ribbon, but they are accessories and don't contribute to the basis of the card :o)
Anyway, I used 3 different stamp sets, Fancy Pants - Pollen Dust, Heidi Grace, Wild Daisy Rd. and Heidi Grace, Marina Dr. I also used my corner rounder to scallop the bottom of the card. I cut out two of the main flowers and pop-dotted them onto the card, the centers of the main flowers are shimmer paper that I punched circles from, and then I added gems to the bottom flowers. Other than that this card is all stamping and it was fun to do, a little challenging, but fun! Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping (or whatever is on your to do list for today).

No comments: