Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Winter Wishes.......





Growing up in Louisiana we really didn't have such dramatic changes in seasons. In Iowa this morning we woke up to ice on the roads and the high temperature of 29 degrees, at 6:00am!!!! It's only supposed to get colder. I woke up at 6 and turned on the news to see if school was going to be delayed 2 hours. Much to my surprise our school was cancelled already. Usually our school district is one of the last ones to be called, but I knew it was pretty bad outside if our school was cancelled completely by 6:00am! So, I'm still in my pajamas and don't really know what time I will be getting out of them, it looks COLD outside.


I made this card a few days ago for a sketch challenge on CardStudioDesigns, http://cardstudiodesigns.com/, but I haven't had a chance to post it yet. Quite appropriate for today :o) This was a fun and easy card to make. I bought one of the ProvoCraft Holiday Slabs and the patterned paper is from that, I did use a stardust pen to outline some of the trees to make them sparkle. My card base is a shimmer cardstock from the Paper Company, I really, really, really, love this cardstock! There is also felt fusion from Queen & Co., Marvy Uchida scallop punches, the Winter Wishes sentiment is from Verve Visual, http://www.shopverve.com/, Bazzill Bling for the largest circle, and I used my favorite ink for snowy cards, brilliance sky blue! I hope to get some presents wrapped today and maybe even get some cards made, I'm kind of behind in both! Have a great day and stay warm!!

No comments: