Friday, August 15, 2008

A Halloween card.....


Good Morning! I'm so excited about this card. It wasn't very hard to make, but I was just playing around and ended up with something that I love. That's a great feeling to me :) I got this Northwoods stamp at Archiver's - I saw it and knew immediately that it was going home with me :) I started with kiwi green shimmer paper from Paper Company, then I add a layer of Making Memories designer paper. I stamped the pumpkin in Stazon black onto a layer of acetate and let it dry. On the back side of that, I sponged orange Stazon onto the pumpkin. After that all dried I put the acetate on top of the dp and held everything together with 4 black brads. That's it!! But I love how it turned out and I certainly don't say that about all of my cards!

After this one, I bought red and green Stazon so I can do some Christmas cards with this technique too :)

I've been having lots of fun in my studio, so much fun that my laundry is piling up :( I will have to take a break soon and get some of the needed stuff done. That's okay though, I even like doing laundry.......now mopping I can certainly do without!

On another note: All That Scraps is giving away a $5 gift certificate. You can go over to Renee's blog at Stamping for Sanity to check that out and find out what you have to do to win. You can also go to the ATS Blog to see a great project that Cyndi has done using one of the new sets!

Our quote for the day: "Remember we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand." - Anonymous

I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

ChrissyM said...

This is fantastic, love the look of it. Can't wait to see your christmas cards!

Lynette said...

Very cute! Isn't it nice to REALLY like a card when it's done - such a great feeling!