Friday, August 29, 2008

A Sketch Challenge - completed :)

Good Morning! It's a BEAUTIFUL day here is Iowa, I have the windows open and the cool breeze is coming in. Thank goodness, yesterday was hot as could be and the air wasn't moving at all! So I will just enjoy this coolness for as long as it will stay :)



Today's card is based on a sketch challenge from Amy Rysavy. Every Friday she posts a sketch and everyone is welcome to participate. This card happens to be from last week's sketch, I've had the sketch on my studio table all week and I just finished it last night, whew! Amy has another great one for today, but I'll link you to last week's first.

I started with a bazzill basics cardstock base, then added Cloud9Design dp from the Sunrise Smoothie collection (both pieces). My stamps are from Stamping Bella and I colored the image with copics then added a gem in the center of the flower. The ribbon is from Offray. This was a fun sketch. Amy is really good at creating them. This week's sketch is posted on her blog now. I can't wait to do this one as well.

Today's quote of the day: "Adversity is another way to measure the greatness of individuals. I never had a crisis that didn't make me stronger." - Lou Holtz

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out Amy's sketches and play along :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun card Jeanette and I agree-- it was GORGEOUS today in Iowa! Hopefully it holds up for the holiday weekend!

ChrissyM said...

What a fun cheery card!

stampmonkey said...

What a happy card! Love the different colored petal idea.