Thursday, August 28, 2008

Coffee anyone?


Good Morning!! I'm writing this as I drink my coffee....how about you?

Well you know the ice cream cards that I made with the McDonald's gift cards in them for my grandsons? Well, they got them and immediately used them :) But their Mom jokingly said, "Where's mine?" So, of course that got me to thinking about this cute little coffee set I have from My Favorite Things, so my step-daughters both are getting coffee cards with Starbucks gift cards in them. I loved making these. I also love to make cards for them because they like colors that aren't always colors that I would choose, they like more muted colors so it's fun to make cards that I think reflect their personalities. Anyway, deets about this card: cardstock base is from prism, polka dotted paper is from Basic Grey the Archaic line, the MFT set is "Hot Stuff" the sentiment is from Hero Arts Sparkly Clear "Coffee" set, the ribbon is from Martha Stewart. I colored the images with Copic markers and used some stardust glitter pen too.

Our quote for the day: "To love abundantly is to live abundantly, and to love forever is to live forever. " — Henry Drummond

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day. Now I'm off to go have a massage :)

4 comments:

Christina Fischer said...

mmmmmm -- coffee!! Great card -- love the colors! :)

Lynette said...

Beautiful! I love how the ribbon matches the dotted paper so perfectly. You're so sweet, too!

ChrissyM said...

Lovely card. The colors and ribbon are perfect. That's the fantastic thing about making cards vs. buying them that you can create them to each individuals personality.

stampmonkey said...

I love the colors you chose here. I'm sure they'll be thrilled to receive them (and of course the gift card! lol). I like how you did the paper piecing and the blue background for the main image.

Okay, I think I'm all caught up with you now. lol Time for bed! ;)