Thursday, August 21, 2008

Image Swapping


Good Morning! Well, my kids went off to their first day of school this morning. My son is a Junior and my daughter is a Freshman. Where has the time gone??? We had fun this morning over breakfast and now I just hope they have a great day! Me??? I just might stamp all day although I do have some ironing I SHOULD do :)

This card was made with an image that a friend sent to me, thanks Harriet :) I love Fluffles, but I only have a couple of their stamps so Harriet sent me some stamped images to use. This is one of them. Image swapping is a great way to try a new stamp company or add to your collection without buying EVERY stamp you fall in love with. Have you ever bought a stamp and then realized it wasn't exactly what you thought it was? With image swapping you might be able to find that out before actually purchasing the stamp. Anyway, this is the first time I had swapped images and I think it's pretty cool!

Onto the card. It's a 5" X 5" card. I wish I could tell you who made the patterned paper, but it was my last little piece of it and I had already used the part with the manufacturer, sorry! I colored my image with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits, and I used the quickutz 12" flower border to make the flowers in the corners, then I added dew drops to the insides of them. The image is cut with a Marvy scallop punch and gems added to the scallops as well as the flower centers. "Hello You" is a hero arts stamp and then I added pop dots to the image and added the ribbon under it. That's it :)

Our quote for the day: "Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." - W. Clement Stone

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeanette this is so cute! Another neat thing about image swapping is seeing how others use the same image that you own! I am glad you like the images!

Lynette said...

Great Fluffles image - nicely colored and made into a cute card! I hope you decided to leave your ironing for another day and just stamp!