Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Bucket of Hugs & Kisses





Good Morning! This morning I'm still enjoying the National Championship win of my LSU Tigers, but the reality of laundry is sinking in too!

Today I am sharing a little tin pail that is available at www.allthatscraps.com along with the piggie stamp and the LuLu stamp that is on the other side (you just can't see it :) The pail isn't huge, but it's perfect for a teacher gift or something like that. It holds about 1/2 package of Hershey's Hugs and Kisses, did you know that you can buy them in a package together now, it was a cool find for me. My kids couldn't wait until I finished the pail so they would know how many candies I would have left for them to eat!

I used a distressing block to take the gloss off the pail first, oh, the pail comes painted white so you wouldn't even have to cover it if you didn't want to. Then I cut a template because my paper had to have curves to fit around the pail correctly. I mod-podged the paper onto the pail (I love mod-podge) and let that dry completely. The "hugs & kisses" stamp is from a Hero Arts set exclusive to Archiver's so if you're ever in Archiver's be sure to check out the things that they are getting exclusively. I colored my images with.........you're right prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits and then cut them out and mounted them on Marvy Scallop circle punches. Then just attached everything to the pail. I used lots of fun ribbon to decorate the pail handle. Last step, fill with candy.

It's pretty gloomy here today, but it's not supposed to snow until tomorrow so maybe I'll get some stamping done. We did paint our stairwell yesterday, today is supposed to be the 2nd coat. Also, I want to post about a fun site that I have been playing on, right now they are doing a "Card-a-Day" theme and it's fun!! The site is call www.cardstudiodesigns.com and if you go to the message board you can find it, if not let me know and I'll give better directions :o) I will be posting some of the cards I have made for that too....eventually. Have a great day!!

No comments: