Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Valentine Time


Good morning/afternoon :o) My posting time keeps changing. I really like when I can post in the morning, but that doesn't always happen for me.
It's time for posting Valentine's cards!! I didn't get Christmas cards sent out this year, so I'm going to try to do Valentine's cards. First though, I have to get pictures of my kids taken somehow. For some reason that's just not on their priority list!!!
For this card I used a new product for me. The Castaway ink pad by Jacquard Products. You stamp the image(s), wait 5 minutes and then iron your cardstock and the images lighten. I did the background of this card with it. It was pretty fun to do. I have more practicing and playing with it to do, but it was fun, kind of like the reverse of versamark, or bleach stamping without the bleach. I also used the CC Designs Valentine's set available at www.allthatscraps.com, and my nestibilities and Marvy scallop oval punch. A little ribbon and a little bling on the flower and presto it's finished.
I made this card as a challenge of using only 3 colors (I didn't count the white that LuLu is stamped on). The challenge was from www.cardstudiodesigns.com. Click on over there and check it out!
Our quote for the day: "Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can make anything happen." - Foka Gomez
I'm still noodling on my blog ideas so hopefully soon, I'll get some in writing and you can tell me your opinions on them. Until then, thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments: