Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Making the Most of Scraps

Good morning!! It's COLD here again today. I took Sara to school this morning and the thermometer on my car said -1. The sun is supposed to shine most of the day so I'm thankful for that! Well, we are working on my scrapbooking room. It is going to take some time, so I don't know how many cards I'll get made in the meantime, but I will do my best.


This card is made with scraps. I save most of my scrap paper and right now they are all sorted by color, but cardstock and patterned paper all goes together. In my new room, I think I'm going to separate cardstock from patterened paper and still sort by color. It works well for me. The giraffe stamps are from Autumn Leaves, they're called "Mindy's Zoo" and the welcome to the world stamp in from a Fiskars baby set. The giraffes are colored in prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits and the welcome to the world is stamped in Sepia Versafine ink.

Our quote for the day is: "Happiness is a place between too little and too much." - Finnish Proverb

Have a great day, stay warm, and go do something fun for yourself!!!

No comments: