Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Darling Hippo :)





Good Morning! I hope everyone is having a great week! It's busy for us getting back into the routine after being off for spring break, but we're managing.


Today's card features a Quickutz die exclusive to Archiver's. There are actually 4 of them, this hippo, a giraffe, a chick and a monkey. I bought the hippo and the giraffe so soon you will see something made with the giraffe as well :) I know this cute hippo just screams baby cards, but I wanted to use him for something else because I don't make that many baby cards. So I found this old rub-on from SEI and I knew it would be perfect! The card base is from Crafts Etc (I got them at Hobby Lobby) and they're textured. The patterned paper is Two Scoops from Basic Grey, the ribbon is from Michaels and the baubles are dew drops from the Robin's Nest. I just used scrap papers to die cut my hippo. I just can't help but smile when I look at him though, he's just so cute! The little teeth are just perfect. I didn't ink anything on this card, I kept wanting to but deciding not to. I did however chalk the hippo a little bit to give him a little more dimension. I definitely had fun with this one.



Our quote for the day, "Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others." -Cicero



Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by. Oh and a quick update on the Lady Tigers basketball team. They are doing well in the NCAA tournament so far. They are in the Sweet Sixteen and will be playing sometime this weekend! Geaux Tigers!!!

No comments: