Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Love an Unloved Stamp Challenge





Good Morning! It's Love an Unloved Stamp Challenge day again. Don't you just love when something turns out even better than you thought it would? I have had this House-Mouse stamp for probably about 4 or 5 years and I have never used it. I love it, I just have been intimidated by it because 1) it's so big and 2) it's intricate so I was afraid my coloring techniques wouldn't do it justice. Well, I am here to tell you that this card was so much fun to make and turned out EXACTLY as I had planned, (that does not happen often at all for me :)

I stamped the mice in VersaFine sepia ink then used prismacolor pencils and minerals spirits to color in and shade. After all the coloring I used Spica glitter pen in yellow to give all the sunflower petals sparkle. I inked around the edge of the stamped image in pale blue and matted it onto brown DCWV cardstock so it has some texture, then stamped "sending you sunshine" which is a stamp from AMuse Artstamps (I LOVE their saying stamps), you can see them at www.amuseartstamps.com . I stamped that in the same versafine sepia ink and then attached the sunflower image to the patterned paper. I can't wait to make a few more of these as they were really fun to do and I feel like I've conquered part of my intimidation of big stamps :)

Find a stamp that you haven't loved lately and create something with it. Leave a comment on this post including a link so we can see your creation.

Our quote for the day: "One of the secrets of life is to make stepping stones out of stumbing blocks." - Jack Penn

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: