Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Love an Unloved Stamp Challenge

Good afternoon! I know, I'm posting at the wrong time again, but it's Spring Break here and my routine is a little out of whack. :) But, it's love an unloved stamp challenge day and my card for today is simple but fun! I love red, it's probably my favorite color so when I was doing this black and white card I knew that red would be my accent color, it just really makes it pop!



I started with a plain white card base and used a cuttlebug embossing folder to do the embossing and then added some KI Memories patterned paper to the bottom. I used Brilliance black ink to ink the edges of the card as well as the tops of the embossed part (that part was really fun). The stamp I used is one of the $1 stamps at Michaels and I've had it for probably over a year. I know I've used it once, but I think that's all, so it needed some love! I stamped in Versafine Black ink and then colored the flower with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits. A gem went in the center of the flower and then I rounded the corners of the sentiment piece and inked the edges in Colorbox chalk ink in warm red. The ribbon is from Michaels and it's one of the ones that came packaged on those clothes pins that they aren't selling anymore (or at least my stores haven't had them in a while). That's it!



If you love an unloved stamp, please put a link in the comments so we can see what you've done with your stamps.



Our quote for the day: " Never iron a four-leaf clover, because you don't want to press your luck." - unknown



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: