Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Spring :)




Good Morning! I'm a very happy girl today! As I sit here typing I can hear the birds singing and I've seen more than one robin. These things mean spring is really on it's way. Now I know that we can still have snow, but hearing the birds sing in the morning really makes me happy! I'm a pretty simple girl :)

This card is not one of my favorites. I think it's because the colors are too muted for me. I think also because the ribbon buckle is too big for the ribbon. But see the felt flower on the 'happy' sentiment? I found those at Pier 1! They are really cute and come in yellow, pink, green and orange in a pack all together for $2.50. They are a little bit puffy too, fun! I did put glossy accents on the letter in "happy" and that helped it for me too and I really like the flowers stamped on top of the striped paper. I used Colorbox Chalk ink so you can still see through the flowers to the stripes and I really like that. So there are some things I like about it, but just the whole card together doesn't do much for me. I guess I'm just a bright color girl! I'm working on some other spring cards for a swap and I'm liking them much better so when I get finished I'll share those as well.


Our quote for the day: " Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get...Only with what you are expecting to give...which is everything." - Katharine Hepburn

Have a great spring day and thanks for stopping in!

No comments: