Thursday, March 13, 2008

He Has Risen...




Hi! Sorry this post isn't in it's usual time slot. But hopefully you will think it was worth it. This card is one of my Easter cards for this year. I love it because it's simple and yet it makes it's point! I started with prism cardstock, and then added patterned paper from Paper Adventures. It's a paper I've had for a few years and it has some shine to it in between the swirls, it's really pretty in real life. The cross stamp as well as the flourishes in the corners are from Paper Trey Ink, the set Everyday Blessings, you can find it here, http://papertreyink.com/stamps_everydayblessings.html . It's a beautiful set! The He has risen is from a Studio G $1 stamp from Michaels, the actual stamp has a cross on it, but I only inked the words. The cross and the sentiment are stamped on white cardstock in Brilliance Cosmic Copper ink. The flourishes are stamped in ColorBox chalk ink in Yellow Cadmium and the scalloped circle is inked in that as well. Then I matted the cross image with a shimmery gold paper that I don't know who made. I've had it for some time as well. I put pearl embellishments on the cross and created "light" coming from the center by coloring it with Copic marker #Y21 Buttercup yellow. The cross image is adhered flat to the card and the sentiment is pop-dotted.

Our quote for the day: "The future depends on what we do in the present." - Mahatma Gandhi


Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening!

No comments: