Sunday, March 2, 2008

The snow is melting........it's melting........



With that title, I'll probably watch the news tonight and see that a huge snowstorm has just popped up over our town! I hope not!!!

Good morning! It feels like a really long time since I posted. Friday I was having camera issues and Saturday we were at a volleyball tournament. It's FINALLY warming up a bit here and the snow is actually melting enough that I can see the grass underneath. Spring is really on it's way. I KNOW that it will be side-tracked by some more snow before it gets here, but I only had to wear a jacket yesterday and that was nice!! :)

This card was fun because I love decorating Easter eggs. The egg stamp is a new wood mounted one from Stampendous and the Have a Happy Easter stamp is one of Stampendous' clear stamps that they sell individually so it's in a little bitty package :) Remind me to tell you about what I have decided to use to store my clear stamps and how much I love it!! Back to the card, the top layer is shimmer paper embossed with a cuttlebug embossing folder and the bottom is patterned paper from Anna Griffin. I stamped the eggs and the sentiment with Versafine black ink. I really like this ink when I'm watercoloring or using copics, or with prismacolors and mineral spirits, for me it doesn't smear and run like some other black inks do. I do however give it a few minutes to dry well before I start coloring my image, in fact I usually stamp first then put the background of my card together and then go back to the stamped images. I used copics on the big eggs and then cut them out (which was really easy to do with an egg shape :) Then I added the green flower gems. I colored the eggs on the sentiment stamp with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits, then I added some sparkle to them with Spica glitter pens. I rounded the corners of the sentiment matted it onto some Bazzill Bling and rounded those corners too and pop-dotted that over the ribbon that goes over the seam of the papers. It was really fun to do.

About my clear stamp storage, I have been collecting clear stamps for quite a while now and I've never figured out a great way to store them. I LOVE the ones that come in CD cases because I just took one of our old CD holders and I use it to hold those, but the ones that come in the soft plastic packages don't work there. For a while I used accordian style plastic containers that I could store them with like sets together, but I got too many for that to work efficiently. Sooooo, I finally broke down and bought the Clip-It-Up, both tiers and extra clips. I really, really, like this so far and it's working very well for me. I don't have ALL of my clear stamps on it yet as I'm still trying to get stuff back into my room, but I have alot of them on it and it's doing very well. I will take a picture of it and show you, but if you don't have storage for your clear stamps, take a look at this and see if it would work for you!

Our quote for today: "A friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else." - Len Wein

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: