Monday, March 3, 2008

Easter Chick



Good Morning! Guess what we got last night? 3+" of snow!!! So much for being able to see the grass......oh well. I will continue to post cheerful, bright colored cards, to combat the overcast days.

Do you see a pattern in how I make cards? This one used the Anna Griffin paper that I used on the last card. See, I do try to use alot of the paper once I cut into a 12X12. The top part of this card uses one of the new cuttlebug embossing folders, Floral Fantasy. I embossed it onto Bazzill Bling and then tied an American Crafts ribbon around the center. The stamped image includes the Chick (don't you love his hair?) from Studio G designed by Alison Wong (Michaels $1 stamp) and then I added the egg at the bottom. It's from Stampendous' clear stamps that are sold individually. I colored with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits and then went over some parts with Spica glitter pens, the whole chickie glitters :) I inked around the stamped image and then matted it on pink shimmer paper and pop-dotted it over the ribbon. Voila - it's finished!

Sometimes I think my cards are too simple, but I like for the image to be the focus of the card and when I try to add too much sometimes it ends up taking away from my cards. So I usually focus on color and what feelings I'm trying to convey with my cards. Serious, whimsical, fun, relaxing.....these things are what I think about when trying to come up with colors and style. Hope you enjoy them!

Our quote for the day: "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a GREAT Monday!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

i love the new line of CB folders and you did a great job on using it for this card. i want that stamp =)

Leah said...

Very cute card. Most of the time I think less is more, I love that style:)

visit my blog:
http://paperblossoms.blogspot.com