Friday, March 14, 2008

Easter Blessings



Good Morning! Another Easter card this morning, using some of the same things I used on yesterday's card. By looking at how many cards I use the same papers and embellishments on you would think that I wouldn't have too many scraps left, but that would not be the case. I don't know if I told you about this part of my scrapbook room re-do, but my wonderful hubby is making a desk/work table with cabinets on the ends. The cabinets are going to have drawers that hold my paper scraps. It's going to be kind of like a filing cabinet in that I will have hanging files with my paper scraps sorted. One drawer will have cardstock separated by color and another will have patterned paper separated by color. In the past I have sorted by color and found that it works very well for me. I find that I reach for my scraps way more often if they are easily accessible. Right now, while I'm in the middle of this re-do, I haven't been using my 'stuff' as efficiently and I'm ready to get it all organized. Oh well, everything in it's time right? Anyway....

For this card I used a white card base and two of my old shimmer papers that I don't know the manufacturer of. The one that looks kind of silver is really a pale lavender. I used my cuttlebug embossing folder on both the lavender and the gold. The cross stamp is one of the single clear stamps by Stampendous. I embossed it in silver and then colored the flowers with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits. I layered two Marvy scallop punches and pop-dotted the top one onto the bottom. The Easter Blessings stamp is a wood mounted Stampendous stamp. This was a fun one to make.

Our quote for the day: "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are." - Marianne Williamson

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day and weekend!!!

No comments: