Thursday, June 19, 2008

Another Gatefold Card :)

Hi! Yes, it's late and I'm still up. I wanted to get something new posted so it doesn't end up being another week between postings. My LSU Tigers had bad weather in Omaha this evening so they haven't finished their game yet.

These gatefold cards are so much fun to make. With the Score Pal it's really easy too because the markings for the score lines are already where they need to be....so easy! For this one I used the Froggie and Friends set by CC Designs, you can find it here: http://www.allthatscraps.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=650_673. I used Basic Grey papers from the Dasher line and the green is from Making Memories. I also used some handmade paper for the lily pad and cattails. The froggies are pop-dotted for dimension and I distressed the edges of all the papers. Coloring was done with prismacolor and Koh-I-Noor pencils and mineral spirits.



I love to decorate the inside of these cards too so I put a cattail and another leaping froggie inside. If you haven't tried a gatefold card, just do it! I think you'll love it!

Our quote of the day: "The world is a great mirror. It reflects back to you what you are. If you are loving, if you are friendly, if you are helpful, the world will prove loving and friendly and helpful to you. The world is what you are. " - Thomas Dreier

Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening!

No comments: