Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Find Your Wings and Fly



Wow! It's been almost a week since I posted and I'm having withdrawals! My dh had surgery on his wrist for Carpal Tunnel and my daughter was in the State Softball Tourney this past weekend and my Tigers lost their 1st ball game in the College World Series so they have to win today. Whew.......enough about my reasons for not posting.


The card today uses some scraps that I had because I've been going through scrap papers and filing them into their appropriate files (only if they are big enough to do something with :) I keep coming across pieces that I love which then go into a different pile - the please do something with me soon pile :) I know that's probably not as productive as just filing them already, but I kind of work that way. My scraproom is coming along but still has a ways to go getting cleaned up before I can post pictures.


Okay, on to today's card. The base is Cool Metallic Amethyst from Paper Company and I used my cuttlebug embossing folder on it. The paper scraps are from Paper Salon (the floral) and Doodlebug (the dots). The butterfly and sentiment are from All That Scraps - the Beautiful Butterflies set. Remember, Christine still has a big sale going on and has added some more things to it, so if you haven't been over there lately, here's a link: http://www.allthatscraps.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=96&zenid=21ca617dab6f4d62cea708c596ba0584

I added prima flowers with a Making Memories crystal brad in the middle, gems and some dew drops and then silk ribbon with a satin ribbon tied to it. Oh, something different in my coloring of this one. Instead of Prismacolor pencils I used Koh-I-Noor pencils that I purchased from Michaels along with mineral spirits. I discovered them from a post on Gina K's blog here: http://blog.ginakdesigns.com/2008/06/08/kohinoor-pencil-tutorial-and-some-blog-candy-too.aspx. Just remember that I don't color NEARLY as well as she does! Then I put glitter on top of the color.
Quote of the day: "Joy is the feeling of grinning inside." - Melba Colgrove
I don't know if I have shared that quote before, but it's one of my favorites so I hope you like it!
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

No comments: