Saturday, June 21, 2008


Good afternoon! Hope everyone is doing well today and getting lots of stamping and scrapbooking done. Yesterday I got alot of cards made, some that I get to show in the next couple of days and some that have to wait for CC Designs release countdown. The new stamps are SOOOOOOOO cute, you're going to love them!!! I also got my new Whipper Snapper stamps that I ordered. Oh my gosh, I love them. They are so cute! I've already made a card with some of them too. And actually the saying on this card is from them.

Okay, to the card. The background is a brayering technique with Kaleidocolor ink from Tsukineko and the color I used is Caribbean Sea. You do this technique on glossy paper and it is so cool. I've done a few cards like this so you will probably see a couple more in the next few days :) The stamp I used is CC Designs Bitzy Bugz Umbrelli. I made this focal image some time ago when I made a different one for another card but I loved this one too so I held on to it until I found the perfect card for it to go onto. I love umbrellas, I guess it goes along with my love of rain :) Anyway, when I saw this sentiment stamp on the Whipper Snapper site, I knew I had to have it! It's perfect for my umbrella stamps don't you think? I colored the bug with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits and paper pieced the umbrella with patterned paper that I can't find my scrap from to tell you who made it, sorry :) I paper pieced her boots with bazzill and added some bling. Then of course I had to add some dew drops and a ribbon to make it complete :)

I'm excited about how many cards I complete so be sure to check in each day for a few days, I just might surprise you with new posts everyday :)

Our quote for the day: "I quit being afraid when my first venture failed and the sky didn't fall down." — Allen H. Neuharth
I need to remember this quote often, right now with submitting, just remember, just keep trying.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

1 comment:

stampmonkey said...

I think this card is SO cute!! I love that sweet little image, and you did such a nice job on the brayered background! tfs

And wishing you the best of luck to you on your submissions! Sooner or later your work is bound to be picked up...it's too nice not to be (remember that)!