Sunday, June 8, 2008

Just Keep Swimming



Good Morning! Today's card is VERY appropriate for us because it's raining AGAIN. We've had thunderstorms alot the last couple of weeks and we're in for more today and tomorrow. All my plants love it though :)

I made this card just for fun because I LOVE the whale paper and I bought the paper frills (I know they aren't new, but I just hadn't bought them yet) and I just love this little fishy stamp from CC Designs. Soooooo, I put it all together and this is what I cam up with. The whale paper is from K&Co, the fishy stamp is available here: http://www.allthatscraps.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=360_361_249 for $1.00! I colored my fishy with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits and used flocking on the flower on her swimcap. I used my corner rounder to scallop both the white and the turquoise papers and then traced the scallop with an orange glaze pen. The Paper Frills from Doodlebug Designs are on the top and bottom of the whale paper. The stamps for Just Keep Swimming are Karen Foster snap stamps. At first I wasn't too sure about how close together they are, but the more I look at it, the more I like that. I also punched some circle from blue vellum and put them behind the fishy like air bubbles, but you couldn't see them well, so I added diamond glaze to them and now they shine. You can see them better in real life, but if you click on the picture and make it bigger you can see them too! (Also, the top of the card is really straight, the picture is at an angle that makes it look crooked - sorry :)

In other news, All That Scraps is having a HUGE sale to make room for new stuff. This is how the All That Scraps blog describes it:

All That Scraps June Sale
We need to move out some of the slower moving items that are taking up space.

We are starting out at 25% on most items and will continue to discount them until they are gone. But once they are gone they are gone, they will not be restocked.

Some of the items are Cuttlekids, Disney Cuttlebug, Pattern Paper, Tins, Alterable Purses, Cardstock (Bazzil and Prism), Big Shot.

Instead of having the items in the main category they have all been moved into the *Sale*Sale*Sale* category to make it easier to find the items that are on sale.

We will also have 4 or 5 -8 1/2" x 11" Paper Racks that we will be getting rid of. We will sell them for $50.00 plus you pay shipping. If you are interested please let me know.

Make sure to check back as we will be adding items.

Click here to go to the sale page: http://www.allthatscraps.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=96_279

Our quote for the day:

"You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving."
— Anonymous

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok now this one ranks up with one of my favorites!! Love the paper frills and the whale paper. Have fun on your day off tomorrow!

Dana

ChrissyM said...

Adorable card. I have to go and check out all that scraps to see if they have that whale paper you used. I have a layout to do that that paper would be perfect.