Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy Everything :)



Good Morning! My posting record is going pretty well so far :) I have been working some so I need to get back into my room and make some more cards. My room is STILL a mess because I'm not finished going through paper scraps and other odds and ends, but my Mom and Dad are coming the end of this month and my Mom is the Queen of Cleaning (and sorting) so I'm sure she'll help me :) I really want it to be neat just for a bit so I can take pictures and show you.

Okay, on to the card. If you can believe it, this card is actually a little brighter in real life. Okay, the sentiment isn't, I should have used staz-on before I brayered, but I didn't so this is how it is :) The circle flower stamps are from Stampendous and the little chick and the sentiment are from Hero Arts. I stamped the circles in versamark and then brayered over them with Kaleidocolor ink. Then I stamped the sentiment in the same ink just the darker color, but it still isn't dark enough for me, oh well. The chick is colored with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits, but I did use my copics just a bit on this one. She is mounted on Bazzill Bling cut with nestabilities and then I tied the ribbon on! Another easy one.

I miss doing the "Unloved Stamp" challenges, I think I need to go back to those. Right now I have so many new stamps that I'm just itching to use though. BUT, I don't want the older ones to feel unloved so I will see what I can do with that :)

Our quote of the day: "Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential." - Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope your day is fabulous!

1 comment:

stampmonkey said...

This card reminds me of rainbow sherbet -- LOVE those colors! That little chick with the heart is adorable. Great card! tfs

Good luck with your cleaning...never a fun task.