Friday, June 6, 2008

Turning 2

Good Morning! I hope the sun is shining for you today! Last night our tornado sirens were going off and we had some pretty bad weather although thank goodness no tornados at our house. This morning it's a beautiful start to the day!


I can finally share this card! As soon as I saw the sizzlet of the owl, I knew I had to have it and I knew exactly what my first project would be with it......this card. Our grandson, Tyler, turned 2 this year and I wanted to make a special card for him, but I couldn't share it until now, because I didn't want anyone else to see it before him :) Turns out he liked it so it was a success.


I used the owl sizzlet die cut, which is a new one and I paper pieced him together. Then I embossed some green paper with my cuttlebug swiss dots folder and punched leaves out of that. When I put the leaves on, I used dew drops at their stems to cover the stem part. The font is Quickutz Frankie. It was a fun card to do and I love that it is so personalized :)



I didn't get any cards made last night because I really didn't want to be that far away from the basement if a tornado did make it our way, so I stayed on the main floor with the fam. So hopefully today I'll get to finish up one I started yesterday morning. (Dana, it's using the paper frills :)


Our quote for the day: "Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, a touch that never hurts."
— Charles Dickens


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!





1 comment: