Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Monkey is Back.....




Good Morning! I just love these monkeys! They really are fun to work with. This card came together pretty quickly, at least pretty quickly for me :) The polka dot background is wrapping paper from Martha Stuart, really it is. It was on sale at Michaels and I liked it so I bought it thinking that I would find something to do with it. Well, what I didn't realize was some of the little brown circles are flocked!!! How fun is that, that was a little bonus for me. I knew I wanted this card to be kind of girly but I wanted some brown in it too. I put the brown cardstock under the image and it just wasn't working for me, so then I moved it to where it is now, but it didn't have to polka dots on it and it was still missing something. So, I used the polka dot background stamp from http://www.allthatscraps.com/ (which of course is where you can get the Monkey Love set as well :) and the polka dots added just the right touch for me. The fiber is just from my stash, I have no idea where it came from, but it reminded me of monkey fur so I added it too. Like I said, it was a fun card to make!

Okay, so now I have a question for all of you. How long does it take you to make a card if you're starting from scratch, meaning no sketch, no products that you have to use, no certain colors etc. I find that when I'm making cards pretty often, it takes me less time to come up with ideas and so less time to make them, but if I stop making them for a while, it takes much longer to get back into the swing of things. My average is probably about an hour. If I'm given a sketch, or certain products, or challenges then it usually is less than that. Leave me a comment and let me know how fast you make cards!


Our quote for the day: "Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it." - Salma Hayek




Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I have this stamp and have not used it..BAD, bad, bad stamper =)