Wednesday, February 6, 2008

$1 Stamps & Snow

Good Morning! Let's start with the snow. School is cancelled for today, we have 6.3 inches on the ground and it's still snowing, and blowing, and the weather lady says to expect another 1-2". Now, I really like snow, I LOVE to watch it falling, yesterday sometimes it came down as big light snowflakes that were just beautiful, but I haven't seen the sun in about 5 days or so..........sigh! Luckily I don't have anywhere I HAVE to go today, so maybe I will get the second coat of paint on the scrapbooking room. Look at the bright side right? Well, that's a good lead in for today's card, the bright side. I really needed to post something bright and cheerful so this is it. I actually made this card a while ago, but the bright colors always draw me to it. The stamps are $1 stamps, I think these are from Michaels, but Joanne's carry $1 stamps too and Archiver's carries $1.99 stamps. These particular ones are wood mounted and I thought were lots of fun. There aren't always lots to choose from so it's more that you purchase the ones you like instead of going there to look for particular stamps, but for $1 they can be fun to play with. On this card, the red background flower is just one flower that I stamped randomly and then added prima flowers and stampendous sticker silver shiny things. The thinking of you stamp, I stamped in navy blue, inked the edge of the yellow cardstock and attached a Hero Arts gem in the center of the flower. It's all mounted on navy blue cardstock and you're finished. A quick and easy card using the $1 stamps.



Our quote for the day: "We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails." - Bertha Calloway


Update on www.AllThatScraps.com stamps. The newest stamps will be released on Saturday at 10pm, so check in soon for some sneak peeks, you're going to LOVE the new stamps!!! And Christine has some new plans she's working on too, awesome stuff!!!!!

Have a great day and happy stamping!!

No comments: