Friday, February 8, 2008

Mini Cards - so much fun!!







Good morning! Yes, it's a little early, but that's okay. I went out of my box for a challenge again. If you have never participated in a challenge let me encourage you to try one. They are so much fun!!! This one was to make a mini card, but I had so much fun doing it that I made two and have plans for some more. You know when you mail a package to someone and you just need to write a little note to put in it? These are perfect. Mine are 2.5 X 3.5. I've had them for a while but just hadn't done anything with them. Mine are called gift cards and they came with envelopes although I don't know if the post office would really mail them. I also used some stamps that had never felt ink before so I accomplished alot with these little guys. The thanks one uses stampendous clear stamps, is colored with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits, there is clear glitter on the orange part of the petals and a yellow gem in the center. There are also little green gems on the grassy part next to the thanks. I also added a little blue highlight with prisma pencils and mineral spirits around the whole flower and then used a souffle pen to make a border around the outside of the card.


For the hello card I punched the pink Marvy scallop punch out of green bazzill bling and then stamped the bird on it. I colored the bird with a copic marker and just went heavier around the outside of the bird than the wing. I pierced holes in the scallops, inked around the edge of the card, attached the ribbon and then put the circle on the top with small pop-dots. That's it. These were so much fun and so easy that I have a couple more that I have ideas for. Some of those ideas use stamps I have never inked before so that may be for my next "Love an Unloved Stamp day". There are so many places that you can find challenges, and I am going to try to get a few more going. I think "Love an Unloved Stamp" day is going to be on Wednesdays! So next week be sure you stop by on Wednesday and participate, I promise you'll have fun.



Our quote for the day: I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something." - Helen Keller


Tomorrow Sara has a volleyball tournament so I may not be posting, sorry about that. But then again, I just may surprise you :) Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by.



Remember too, that http://www.allthatscraps.com/ will release their new stamps Saturday at 10:00pm. You don't want to miss it!!!

No comments: