Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Love an Unloved Stamp Challenge

Good morning! Today is the day to love an unloved stamp! This doesn't mean use a stamp you don't like, it means use a stamp that you haven't used in a long time or that hasn't ever seen ink!

For my card, my unloved stamp is my Precious Moments Bunny. I think she's so cute and yet, I haven't used her in a very long time! The Happy Easter stamp is one a bought last year and used last year :) I also used some old Daisy D's paper so I loved on 2 different older things, is that extra points??? The patterned paper is stitched around the outside to replicate the stitching on the paper. Then I took my whale of a punch square and punched a window in the front of the card. I stamped the bunny and colored her with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits, then pop-dotted her into the window opening. It was still missing something so I punched another square with my whale of a punch square out of blue and then used my square scallop punch to create a frame for the window. When I opened the card the bunny was kind of just floating there so I created another frame for her and then added the little prima flowers. For the Happy Easter sentiment, I stamped and then embossed in white onto a label cut with quickutz. I added the ribbon and it was finished! I have realized that I use ribbon on almost every card I make, sometimes just a little piece, sometimes a big one, but apparently I love ribbon!

I really like this challenge. It makes me think of new things to do with some stamps that I probably wouldn't purchase now, because they aren't my style or for whatever reason. Give it a try and leave a comment with a link to your creation so we can all see what you've come up with.

Our quote for the day: "Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued is always just beyond your grasp, but which if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you." - Nathaniel Hawthorne.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day!!!




1 comment:

Catherine said...

cutest bunny EVAH!!! love your card =)