Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sometimes Simple looks Best








Good morning! It's warming up here, it's 27 degrees as I write this and we don't have a chance of snow until tomorrow night! I'm not sure we have had snow this frequently in the 3 years that we have lived here. The snow is beautiful as it's falling as long as I'm inside and don't have to get out for a while :)

This morning's cards is about simplicity. I was using these felt hearts and I was trying to mat them on something and add more papers and all kinds of things. But it just didn't work for me, I was just adding 'stuff' that didn't really convey the feeling I was going for. So in the end I decided to just use the 2 patterned papers and I stitched in white around the whole card then I added the felt hearts at the seam of the papers. The stamp is actually one that I haven't used for a long time, yes, I know that I really can only use it once a year anyway LOL! I did add sparkles to the little hearts that are part of the stamp and I added Glossy Accents to some of the hearts on the bottom paper. The top paper was made with some glossy accents on it. So, the moral of this post is sometimes simple designs work best for the card you're trying to make.


Room update: I hope to finish cleaning it out this morning and get the border that was on there before - a Chicago Bulls border and I don't even like the Chicago Bulls!!! I had already pulled the top layer off so I didn't have to see what it was but the backing is still there waiting for us to take it down. Then, just maybe we might go get the paint and start painting??? Cross your fingers for me please! :)


Our quote for the day: "Live life as if it were created just for you." - Maya Angelou


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: