Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Key to my Heart :)

Good Morning! I'm posting a little early this morning because Ben started morning soccer workouts. They start at 6:00am. Of course I'm up and making sure he has everything he needs and will be eating breakfast at school after practice and such, yes, I am a dork, but I wouldn't change it! Sara is going early for Student Council this morning, but not nearly as early as Ben. Last year when Ben did this, we were taking him to school on these mornings at 5:45 am. Needless to say I wasn't really awake yet, but this year since he can drive, it's a bit easier on us.

We are expecting some snow today. From what I can tell, we are on the line between 5 - 7 " and 6 - 10". It should start this evening. I'll let you know!

This card was really fun for me. I was at my LSS one evening and saw this paper from Rusty Pickle. I don't use Rusty Pickle paper that often so it kind of posed a challenge for me, although not much of one because I loved it! There is a sketch on www.cardstudiodesigns.com that I did this one for and I really like how it turned out. The black heart is cut from a piece of 12X12 patterned paper and I put it on a piece of DieCutsWithaView cardstock. Then I just tied the ribbon around and knotted the key charm onto the knot on the ribbon. I used glossy accents on the keyhole of the black heart just to make it show up a bit better.

I encourage you to participate in some challenges. I know that it doesn't always work with your schedule, but you can still participate. On Card Studio Designs card-a-day challenge, I'm probably about 10 days behind, but I just write down what the challenge for each day is and then when I do have time to be creative, I start with the challenges. It certainly has given me a starting place for times when I don't really know what I want to do. I will be doing more challenges here on Lagniappe too, so maybe you can start here :)

Our quote for the day: "To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides." - David Viscott

Thanks for stopping by today. Keep warm, and try a challenge!

No comments: