Wednesday, November 26, 2008

ATSDTC28 - Christmas Ornaments

Good Morning! I love these challenge mornings, it makes me get my blog post done in the morning! This week's was a bit of a challenge for me........thus why it's called a challenge :) I love to alter things, but making something completely from paper isn't something I usually do. I was blog hopping the other day and saw these on Taylor Van Bruggen's blog and I couldn't wait to try them.

So, this is what I came up with. I LOVE them and I'm planning on using some as name tags for Christmas gifts too!! Mine are double sided, I cut two of the backgrounds and punched them at the same time so the punching would match and then used my Xyron to put the adhesive on so they would be completely attached at all points. You have to play around with the size of the squares you use based on the punch you use. I used a Fiskars punch and my outside squares were 3" and the inside ones were 2 5/8"
I colored Monkey with Copics and added liquid applique and glitter to his hat. (I add the glitter while the liquid applique is wet, before I heat it). I added the white highlights with my essentials white pen (I think I like this one even better than my souffle pen if you can believe that :) I pop-dotted Monkey up so he sticks out a bit. Dew drops were added to the points of both squares and then I added the ribbon. These were fun! I will be making some more!


We'd love for you to play along with the challenge. Be sure to check out the ATS blog a little bit later to see other projects.


Our quote for the day: "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." - Marcel Proust


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

stampmonkey said...

What darling ornaments, Jeanette! No matter where that little monkey makes an appearance, he is always just soooo cute! ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jami said...

These are adorable!! Those monkeys are so cute, and I just love the punched edges!!
Happy Thanksgiving!
hugs, Jami

Christina Fischer said...

Jeanette, these are so fun! I love the colors! Just too cute! :)