Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sit Back, Relax & Enjoy

It's that time of year. Be thankful and enjoy your blessings :) We will be home for Thanksgiving this year and that means no turkey for us! I'm not a huge fan of turkey and Cliff isn't stuck on having it for Thanksgiving either although both of us grew up having turkey for Thanksgiving dinner. Anyway, we've started a new tradition in our house and when we're home for Thanksgiving we have something other than turkey. The past couple of years it's been King Crab Legs....YUM! Ben and Sara chose what we are having so they are very much into this tradition although they both like turkey and would also be happy having that. Oh well on to the card :)

This one was done for the Color Challenge on SCS - this week it's very vanilla, going gray, and really rust. I don't have the Stampin Up colors so I always improvise :) This is a stamp I saw on someone's blog (sorry I don't remember who) a long time ago and I loved it so I googled until I found it, it still makes me smile :) The sentiment is from Stamping Bella and the papers are from Basic Grey - Ambrosia, Bazzill and Cosmo Cricket. I also used Bazzill Stitches for the flourish and may arts ribbon. It was another fun challenge.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving week (if you don't live in the US - I hope you are having a great week :) Any different Thanksgiving traditions you have in your family? I'd love to hear about them. Leave a comment and lets hear some!!

Our quote for the day: "My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me." - Henry Ford

Thanks for stopping by and try to Color Challenge on SCS if you get a chance :)

2 comments:

stampmonkey said...

Darling card! The chairs remind me of A-Muse images. ;)

We do like turkey, but I'm not in the mood to fuss with one for just the four of us (don't want to be eating it for a week and don't have room to keep it all in the freezer), so we're having Cornish Game Hens. Your idea of King Crab legs sounds really yummy though. Enjoy!

Jami said...

Very cute card - love all the little patterned seats!! We always make the biggest turkey we can find because we love leftover turkey sandwiches. Yum! The bonus is that dh has cooked the turkey every year for the last 18 years!! I don't dare recommend something else, lol!
hugs, Jami