Sunday, November 2, 2008

Using Scraps and Turkeys

Good afternoon! Yes, I did sleep in the extra hour this morning did you? :) While I was drinking my coffee and blog surfing this morning, Amy Westerman's post for today immediately caught my eye. I really love her blog anyway, but today's post was very eye-catching to me and it uses scraps, that's a win-win! So, I decided I would try her card myself. Mine didn't turn out nearly as eye-catching as hers, but I did use scraps and I did use a stamp new to me (someone gave it to me cause she didn't want it anymore, thanks Crystal :)

Ok, yes, I'm going to make you look at my card first then I'll link you to Amy's blog so you can see hers. I used Cosmo Cricket paper again one that was double sided so I just used both sides, my cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder that I inked with chestnut roan after embossing, dew drops :), primas :) and I colored the turkey with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits.

Okay, now that you've looked at mine, I'll show you Amy's incredible card. Amy, thanks for being such an inspiration to me!

This was a fun card to make and I will be making more, playing with card sizes and such. Give it a try and link your card here so I can see too :)

Our quote for the day: "They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them. " — Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

4 comments:

Amy said...

You inspire ME Jeanette! I think you did a fabulous job on your adorable Thanksgiving card...I love that turkey. Don't you feel good when you use up what you have on hand? I sure do! I've been going crazy with scraps again today, woo-hoo!

Hugs,
Amy

Jami said...

This is super cute!! Love that turkey, I can't believe someone wouldn't want to hang onto that! Lucky you! Great coloring!!
hugs, Jami

ChrissyM said...

What a fantastic card. That turkey is so cute! I love all of your cards.

stampmonkey said...

You did a great job with Amy's idea! I love that plump li'l turkey (is that one of CTMH's old woodies? I think I have that one buried in a box somewhere in the basement -lol)! Fun colors and embellies! tfs