Saturday, November 1, 2008

Crackled Challenge

Yes, you read that right, a crackled Santa :) One of the SplitCoastStampers challenges from last week was to use some kind of crackle and you know how much I love challenges, so I jumped on this one because I wanted to do that with this particular stamp. So, here it is. I don't think you can see just how much crackle is on Santa, but it's pretty much and it's very cool.


I took walnut ink in a dauber bottle and put some over the top of the crackles so it went down into the cracks a little bit.


If you want to participate in the challenge, you can find it here. It's fun........ :)


Our quote for the day: "Pay no attention to what the critics say... Remember, a statue has never been set up in honor of a critic!" - Jean Sibelius


Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!

4 comments:

Jami said...

Ahhhh....there is my favorite Santa image!! I love it with the cracked glass!!
hugs, Jami

Lynette said...

Very pretty card, Jeanette! I did mean to do that challenge, but time just got away from me.

ChrissyM said...

Gorgeous card! I love that image, I have to get my stamps on that image.

Chrissy

stampmonkey said...

What a beautiful Christmas card with a vintage feel. Your crackling looks great, the dp is sooo pretty (I love those muted Christmas colors), and I like your idea of using the Walnut ink over the crackled part.