Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Turkey Day

Good Morning! I guess it's time for some Thanksgiving cards mixed in with Christmas cards and winter cards, maybe a birthday card and a thank you card for good measure. There certainly are lots of choices of cards to make this time of year. :)

This Thanksgiving card was inspired by the Quickutz tag. It comes with the belly band around it and the stitching around the tag. They were $1 for 2 of them at Archivers. So of course I bought some. There is a different style too but I'll wait to share those when I come up with a project :)

I started with a brown card base. I used Cosmo Cricket dp ( both sides again :) and distressed all the edges. I used my turkey Quickutz die and Quickutz Moxie font for the Happy Thanksgiving. I really like that font!
I added ribbon and dew drops and some doodling around the turkey and that was it. Easy as can be!


I have to do TONS of laundry today because I haven't done any since before the girls and Tyler came and I also want to clean my scrapbooking room again. For some reason, when I clean it, I only clean off my table so I have room to work. This time I would really like to clean the whole room. We'll see how that works :) Then we have a chorus concert tonight, I love those :)


Our quote for today: "We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. " — Joseph Campbell


I think I have shared this quote before, but it's one of my favorites so I am sharing it again!
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

stampmonkey said...

Very cute idea to use a tag for this card, Jeanette! I love that you make good use of your Quickutz stuff (I need to do more of that!). tfs

Good luck getting your laundry done and your craft room clean! ;)

Jenny and Tony said...

SUPER cute Jeanette!!!!! Almost makes me want to clean my studio and get out the QK!!!!

Jami said...

Cute turkey! Love the stitched tab - never would've thought to use a belly band with it - great idea!! Love that paper!!
hugs, Jami