Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving.....almost :)

Good Morning! Do you realize Thanksgiving is in 10 days? I really have to get my Thanksgiving cards out, but the problem is, I'm not finished making them. So today's card is from a challenge on SCS. The challenge is here. I decided to make mine into a Thanksgiving card. This challenge was definitely a challenge for me. Putting together the folds took me a few minutes, but I love the way the medallion turned out.


Also on my list for today is to get some things for Christmas ready. Since we live so far away from our families I always have to mail our gifts early. Last week I really felt like I was doing well getting things together, but yesterday dh told me that Christmas is only 6 weeks away........ACK!!! I LOVE the advent season and I love to have all my stuff finished so I can really reflect and enjoy it! So today will be a busy day :)


Our quote for the day: "The love we give away is the only love we keep. " — Elbert Hubbard


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful and productive day! :)

4 comments:

Jenny and Tony said...

Love the medallion! I am proud of you for making time to do something you enjoy! You are slowly inspiring me :) I did go to the link you posted with the cupcake stamps, and someone described their space as a "craft-sty" like a pig-sty but instead of mud, everything is covered with paper. HA! I can TOTALLY relate!

Thanks for motivation!!!

Deb said...

Your medallion is beautiful! I love the colors you chose and that beautiful designer paper...it practically glows!

I found your blog through your SCS signature...when I saw lagniappe I figured you MUST be from Louisiana. I am too! I grew up near Lake Charles. We now live in Florida.

So nice to *meet* you! Hope to see you around often! :)

Blessings, Deb

Lynette said...

Beautiful medallion and card! I love the center. Your papers are so pretty.

Jami said...

GOod for you for mailing stuff early! our mailing deadline here is December 5th!! Ack. I haven't even started shopping yet!

Love your card - your medallion is just perfect, and that brad makes a lovely center. This paper is divine!!
hugs, Jami