Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wednesday's ATS Challenge and November Release Preview (whew...)

Good Morning! It's getting colder here. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be in the 50's and we've been in the high 70's and 80's lately! We also have a chance of snow Friday, they say just flurries........ But our girls and grandson will be here tomorrow so I really don't care what the weather does....they don't get to see much snow so that is the upside of it :)

Okay, on to today's ATS Challenge, it's a sketch challenge as you can see below :) Another tip of mine....I have a sketch journal (it's actually just a spiral bound medium sized notebook that my husband got on one of his business trips and I haven't even altered it yet........someday :) I put all the sketch challenges in this journal whether I use them at the time or not and I always put the "key words" by them so when I do use them eventually I can give credit to the proper person. For instance the "key words" for this one is ATSDTC25. When you go to Jen's post about this sketch challenge she tells you that. Anyway, by having them all in one place (and I put sketches from many different places in the same journal) I can flip through them and find one that will work for me anytime I need to. Okay off my soapbox again :)


Here is my take on this sketch challenge. As you can see I flipped it so I could use it for my preview of CC Designs "Christmas Around the World" set that will be released on Monday, October 10th! This set features Birdie from Olivia's birdies set and Monkey is also featured in this set along with Merry Christmas sentiment in many languages (I stamped mine on the perimeter of my card :)

I used Bo Bunny's Christmas line for this one and colored with Copics, with some white souffle highlights. I also used white flocking for Birdie's hat (I love flocking :) Around the 'Merry Christmas circle I punched holes with my paper piercer and used DMC embroidery floss to backstitch around the circle then when I cut out my extra ornaments I cut a slit in the hanger so they could hang from the floss. This was a fun sketch to use. You should try it and upload to our gallery :) You can find the details here.


Our quote for the day: "We must not allow other people's limited perceptions to define us. " - Virginia Satir

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the highlights on the ornaments Jeanette-- and I agree-- it's getting cold here!! The wind is whipping through and they are talking possible snow by the weekend potentially-- AAArrrggg-- I'm not ready for winter yet!!

Jami said...

SO cute - love that cute little bird and your stitching on that circle!! It's not that cold here yet - It's comin' though, won't be long!
hugs, Jami

Christina Fischer said...

I love the way you made the border with the sentiments! Great take on the sketch, too -- so cute!